The end of the Short Course season saw nine 14/under swimmers attend the Eastern Zones Age Group Championships, and twenty-six swimmers participate in the YMCA Short Course National Championships. Eastern Zone Age Group Championships were held in Buffalo, New York March 28 to March 31, 2018, and YMCA Short Course Nationals was held in Greensboro, North Carolina from April 3 to April 7, 2018.
Some of the highlights at both meets include:
1. YMCA Short Course Nationals
- The Men and Women Combined came in 10th out of 256 teams at YMCA Short Course Nationals and the Women’s Team came in 9th.
- Sarah Grinalds came in 1st in the 50 and 100 Free, breaking her previous team records in the process in times of 22.52 and 48.76, respectively.
- The relay teams of Esme Hunter, Marissa Healy, Simona Visinski and Sarah Grinalds came in 1st in the 200 Free Relay and the 400 Free Relay.
- Marissa Healy broke her team record in the 100 Fly in a time of 55.48.
- Esme Hunter broke her team record in the 100 Back in a time of 56.29.
2. Eastern Zones Championships
- The Girls came in 7th out of 90 scoring teams and the Girls and Boys Combined came in 9th out of 129 scoring teams.
- Annam Olasewere was the runner up for the 9/10 Girls Individual High Point Winner.
- The girls relay teams of Ella Gussen, Tatum Murray, Ayaan Olasewere and Annam Olasewere are now the new CT Resident Record holders for 9/10 Girls in the 200 Free and 400 Free Relays with their swims at Zones.
- Annam Olasewere was 1st in the 50 and 100 Free.
- Annam Olasewere broke team records in the 9/10 Girls 50 Free, 50 Back, 50 Fly, 100 Fly, and 100 IM in the times of 26.33, 31.13, 28.04, 1:07.11, and 1:08.96, respectively.
- Claire Kehley broke the team record in the 13/14 Girls 1000 Free in a time of 10:31.41.
- Parker Lenoce broke team records in the 11/12 Boys 50 Back, 200 Back, 200 Free, and 100 Fly, in times of 26.46, 2:02.01, 1:50.89, and 57.06. Parker’s 50 Back time is now the new CT Resident Record.