Minutes for the Meeting of December 12, 2018
Ngassam Ngnoumen (Co-President), Amy Leahy (Co-President), Dan Lacugna (Co-Treasurer), Lorraine Kennedy (Secretary), Candace Twiss (Pet-WRAT Coordinator), Peter Lynch (8U Rep), Michelle Kennedy (Athlete Rep), John McNab (Athlete Rep), Adrienne Williams (USA Swimming Coordinator), Jackie Austin (Officials Co-Coordinator), Din Carlson (AG Parent Rep).
A quorum was achieved, and the meeting was called to order.
Ngassam Ngnoumen called the meeting to order. Members present reviewed the minutes from November 7th, 2018 meeting. Dan Lacugna motioned to approve the minutes as stated. Jackie Austin seconded the motion.
RESOLVED that the minutes from the November 7th, 2018 meeting, as presented to the Committee, were approved.
- Coaches Report presented by Adrienne Williams for Ellen Johnston
- There have been a few instances in the locker rooms and additional security / monitoring is necessary.
- For Y States will need to borrow or rent a bus for transportation to outer lot since YMCA bus will be in use. We will have some out of state teams attending.
- Red Blue meet in good shape and will be well attended
- No further information on dry land training
- Wrapping up Freestyle Frenzy results
- Holiday Week practice schedule forthcoming
- USA Swimming Escrow Account Manager Report presented by Adrienne Williams
- 248 swimmers are now registered; 214 families
- 81 families are overdrawn for a total of $4,221.21 with the largest amount being $272
- MIT meet has been billed
- Citibank escrow balance is $5,235.41
- Treasurers Report presented by Dan Lacugna
- Current net operating income is $82,745 with expenses of $23,319 for a Net Operating Income of $57,425
- PET WRAT fees approximately $7K higher than expected
- Pink Plunge raised $6,545 which will be donated
- Freestyle Frenzy Income $4,084; Visiting team fees still pending; Sanction meet fees $1,523
- Overall ahead of budget for the year
- PET-WRAT Report presented by Candace Twiss
- 52 families have no balance (worked more than required)
- 81 families have partially filled their points
- 82 families have not worked at all
- Meet Manager Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen for Lori Blessey
- Ordered awards for Y States. Medals for places 1-3 and ribbons for 7-10.
- Ordering plastic stadium cups with WRAT logo as heat awards.
- Holding meet manager training for Y States meet Saturday, December 15th
- Officials Report presented by Jackie Austin
- Some officials are behind in signing up for CT Swim and USA Swim for 12/31 deadline. Will follow up.
- Officials Clinc will be head at Zeus in Norwalk for Stroke and Turn training. We will have 4 new officials attending.
- Lost one official due to child no longer swimming.
- Parents and Athlete Reps Reports
- Ngassam Ngnoumen for Eileen Nolan – Rolling Hills is good with dates (4/28 or 5/5) for banquet with possible increase in pricing. Checking with Patterson, Longshore, Aspetuck and Brooklawn.
- Dina Carlson & Amy Leahy – Age Group event on March 24th from 2-4 PM at Double Up Dance Studio in Fairfield for Discovery and Challenger groups. There will be DJ, Lights, air hockey, various ball games, food, etc. More information to come.
- Amy Leahy – Movie almost sold out.
- Co-Presidents Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen and Amy Leahy
- WRAT will run concession for the Y State meet. Concession will be staffed by volunteers and food will come from Garden Catering who is providing a discount. Amy will use Sign Up Genius for non-perishable donations.
- Kathy Walker designed and donated signage for WRATs.
- Red & Blue Meet will have a WRAT gear swap, hot chocolate and munchkins. Seniors to teach other groups cheers and work on team spirit.
- Pasta dinner for AG & 8U will be on February 27th.
Dan Lacugna moved to adjourn the meeting and Candace Twiss seconded. All voted in favor. The next meeting is slated for Wednesday, January 9th, 2018.
Lorraine Kennedy, Secretary
Water Rats Parents’ Club