Minutes for the Meeting of October 3, 2018
Ngassam Ngnoumen (Co-President), Dan Lacugna (Co-Treasurer), Lorraine Kennedy (Secretary), Candace Twiss (Pet-WRAT Coordinator), Mark McDermott (Officials Co-Coordinator) Ellen Johnston (Head Coach), Whitney Ross (SR Rep), Lori Blessey (Meet Coordinator), Charles Shapiro (Co-Treasurer), Peter Lynch (8U Rep), John McNab (Athlete Rep), Michelle Kennedy (Athlete Rep), Martha Corneck (Ex Officio), Adrienne Williams (USA Swimming Coordinator) and Rob Urban (Head Development Coach).
A quorum was achieved, and the meeting was called to order.
Ngassam Ngnoumen called the meeting to order. Members present reviewed the minutes from September 5th meeting. Martha Corneck motioned to approve the minutes as stated. Whitney Ross seconded the motion.
RESOLVED that the minutes from the September 5th, 2018 meeting, as presented to the Committee, were approved.
- Coaches Report presented by Ellen Johnston
- Of the 247 registered swimmers, 16 are graduating seniors
- 56 swimmers are registered for the 8U meet with a timeline of under 1 hour. Senior swimmers will be asked to assist with parking, set up and swimmer organization
- Registrations have been submitted for the Greenwich, Cheshire IMX Distance meets
- Good sign ups for New Parents Meeting. Adrienne will conduct a TU training after Ellen’s presentation to parents.
- New Tech suit policy has been enacted by USA Swimming. 12U swimmers will be banned from usage beginning in 2020 except for Junior Nationals. WRAT policy will remain for 13/O swimmers to use tech suits for championship meets. This is to have swimmers focus on work ethic, technique and skills in the developmental years. CT Swimming will likely institute a similar ruling.
- Researching underwater video cameras to assist in training and enhance WRAT program
- Pink Plunge information forthcoming
- Treasurers Report presented by Dan Lacugna
- $60,340 has been collected in PET WRAT fees and USA Swimming Fees
- $2,300 in 2017 non-compliance fees have been collected
- USA Swimming Fees are $11,340
- Remainder of expenses consist of coach training and Official Registration
- Current net operating income is $49,913
- USA Swimming Escrow Account Manager Report presented by Adrienne Williams
- 247 swimmers are now registered, however, we may lose a few over the next few months due to scheduling conflicts
- 8 families have requested assistance for 9 swimmers
- All swimmers are registered
- Personalized caps have been order. 121 sets in total.
- Citibank escrow balance is $54,701
- PET-WRAT Report presented by Candace Twiss
- All Pet WRAT points have been reset
- 8U jobs posted and most filled
- Meet Manager Report presented by Lori Blessey
- 8U meet has a few volunteer spots to fill
- Cancelled October 1 training meeting. Will meet individually with meet managers.
- Assistant Meet Manager for Y States position has been filled.
- Request to Y National qualifier parents to volunteer for Senior Spring Invitational, specifically Junior parents to have continuity for following years.
- Check with Costco to see if they will deliver directly to site to eliminate the transportation of food and beverages from Westport to Wesleyan.
- Officials Report presented by Mark McDermott
- Barbara Wiederecht will be the Meet Ref for the upcoming 8U meet with John Lovro as Deck Referee. There are 3 stroke & turn officials and 3 stroke and turn trainees planning to work.
- 3 officials have been certified as Level II YMCA officials over the last month. Mark McDermott, Jackie Austin and Lorraine Kennedy now join Margy Sargent and Jeff Sargent as Level II YMCA officials.
- Parents and Athlete Reps Reports
- No current plans – Whitney Ross (SR Rep) and Michelle Kennedy/John McNab (Athlete Reps)
- Co-Presidents Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen
- Parents’ social date confirmed with Walker family for November 9th. TU invite will be sent.
- YMCA seeking WRAT volunteer for pool optimization taskforce and programming committee. Jeff Sargent is the Chair. Charles Shapiro, Whitney Ross and Martha Corneck are interested in being on this committee depending on the commitment and focus. Ngassam will follow-up regarding needed information.
- Online WRAT apparel store planned to be up over the next week or so.
- Ngassam Ngnoumen put forth a motion to move the Board Meetings to Wednesday going forward instead of Thursday and to amend the by-laws as such. The motion was seconded by Charles Shapiro. All voted in favor and motion was carried.
RESOLVED that Board Meetings will be moved to Wednesday going forward, was approved.
Martha Corneck moved to adjourn the meeting and Mark McDermott seconded. All voted in favor. The next meeting is slated for Wednesday, November 7th, 2018.
SecretaryWater Rats Parents’ Club