Minutes from Board Meeting on September 2, 2010
Mary McGrade, Martha Corneck, Kathy Santarella, David Blansfield, Ronald Wimer, Sandy Morrison, Andy McNab, Barbara Wiederecht, Sydney Hunter, Sheila Storlarski, Chris Gannon, Adrienne Williams, Suzannah Rogers, Jacquie Tumminia and Ellen Johnston.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the July 8th meeting were unanimously approved.
Chris reports that everything balances. She will likely cut checks to families that left the team in November after a reconciliation with non-compliance accounts.
Non-compliance letters sent out. Kathy has billed out $4250 in non-compliance fees due. She has heard from a couple of families, but the majority of families have not replied.
The Board discussed the possibility of creating a centralized program to cross-check information with roster, USA Swimming fees, Pet Wrat fees, and any other pertinent information. Jacquie will work on putting something together.
No real activity for August. We ended the year above budget. Much of the surplus is due to higher than anticipated concession, citrus, and apparel sales. In addition there were a few areas in which we did not use budgeted money at all. Funds from additional income from fiscal year 2009/2010 will be reclassified to the Anne Atkinson Fund.
- Jacquie reports that on-line registration is going well, although there has been some trouble with Mac compatibility. She will be sending a check list to each family with forms that were possibly not submitted.
- Many families did not turn in USA swimming check. A table at the Expo might be beneficial to collect these fees.
- Athletic Shoe factory will be our source for Logo wear. Jacquie will try to get sizes of the Logo wear for kids to try on at the Expo. Metro Swim shop will still provide our team suits. Suit is the same one as last year.
- Tryouts- Jacquie has received many phone calls. Many enquiries were from families new to the area.
- Freestyle Frenzy-Confirmed for November 13th and 14th.
- Coaches meetings: Saturday 2nd October- 8 and Under, Sunday October 10th-Age Group, Seniors TBD.
Strong Kid Triathlon: This fundraiser for our Strong Kids Campaign will take place on Sunday, September 12th for kids ages 6 and up. We are asking parents and Senior swimmers to volunteer for this event. There is a link to volunteer for this event on our website.
USA Swimming is in discussions to require background checks for meet managers and officials. We have raised Parent Club Fees to $275 for one swimmer and $350 for two swimmers. The increase will create a buffer in case we need to cover the cost of the background checks for our officials.
A proposal was made to remove the position of Fundraising Chair. It will be posted on our website that we wish to amend the by-laws to eliminate this position, and a vote will be taken at the October Board Meeting.
There is approximately $3,000.00 in gift cards available from the Grocery Program. A suggestion was made to use these cards to fund concession sales at our meets.
Recognition Night: We need to make a decision on the venue soon, as many function areas book-up quickly.
Adrienne Williams in in her last year as Chair of the Nominating Committee. It would beneficial to start looking for candidates to fill this position.
The next meeting will be on October 7, 2010.