As you are aware, the Y received the final approval needed in order to receive the Certificate of Occupancy which has been issued. This is fabulous news. Formal announcements have stated the Y’s Bedford Family Center will officially open at Mahackeno On October 6th. But we – the Water Rats – are going to begin our practices there beginning Monday, September 29.
It is extremely important you read the information below as the Y is not open for the entire public but what is considered a “Warm-up Week” leading into the full opening.
The practice schedule for all practice groups was emailed to you. Please note some times are slightly different than what we have been operating under while at the Downtown Y.
The Y is not open for regular operation. Membership Services will have staff and the pool will be staffed with lifeguards while we are in the pool.
– While the swim team is practicing, you will be able to use the Wellness Center and shoot hoops in the gym. The locker rooms will also be available for your use.
It is important to note that this is a special invitation to swim team families only and not the general Y membership.
– On Wednesday, October 1, we will be testing how the flow works with practice and the running of the adult Aqua Fitness class.
– The Age Group Monthly Parent Meetings will be held in the Schine Meeting Room.
– The upper viewing area will be open for observation. Parents are not allowed to lean over and interfere with the practice sessions.
– Please drop your child off at the front door and then park in the lot. Please NO parking in the fire zone in front.
Each and every family MUST RSVP on Team Unify acknowledging that they have read this email, are ware of the practice schedule and operation of the Bedford Family Center during this Warm-up session. This will be listed under the “Events” tab. Please do so by 5:00pm on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Please email me should you have any questions.
Ellen P. Johnston