WATER RATS PARENTS’ CLUB, INC.
Minutes for the Meeting of March 6, 2019
Ngassam Ngnoumen (Co-President), Amy Leahy (Co-President), Charles Shapiro (Co-Treasurer), Lorraine Kennedy (Secretary), Michelle Kennedy (Athlete Rep), John McNab (Athlete Rep), Mark McDermott (Officials Co-Coordinator), Tina Lynch(8U Parent Rep), Dina Carlson (AG Parent Rep), Leslie Kickham (AG Parent Rep), Whitney Ross (SR Parent Rep), Eileen Nolan (SR Parent Rep), Lori Blessey (Meet Coordinator), Candace Twiss (PET-WRAT Coordinator), Martha Corneck (Ex Officio, Rob Urban (Head Development Coach) Adm King (Head Junior Coach) and Ellen Johnston (Head Coach). Kristen Adams also attended.
A quorum was achieved, and the meeting was called to order.
Ngassam Ngnoumen called the meeting to order. Members present reviewed the minutes from February 6th, 2019 meeting. Charles Shapiro motioned to approve the minutes as stated. Martha Corneck seconded the motion.
RESOLVED that the minutes from the February 6th, 2019 meeting, as presented to the Committee, were approved.
- Updates and General Topics
- Air Quality Meeting
- Two open forum meetings will be held on Saturday, March 9th and Wednesday, March 20th to address Air Quality issues. Swimmers and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Team YMCA swim fees will be
increased in 2019 approximately 3%.
- YMCA committing to a 230 swimmer cap for WRATs to meet budget.
- Team YMCA swim fees will be increased in 2019 approximately 3%.
- Air Quality Meeting
- Coaches Report presented by Ellen JohnstonThere are plans to move the thermostat on the pool deck to help address the hot observation deck and general pool area temperature.Senior Championships – Women were 3rd overall and entire team did well . 18 swimmers will be going to Y Nationals in Greensboro departing Saturday, March 30th.There will be 15 graduating Seniors this year.Frisk Driscoll and his wife have moved to Long Beach, CA.A search has commenced to look for additional coaches.A new meet printer is needed prior to the Senior Spring Invitational and a parent has agreed to donate one.
- USA Swimming Escrow Account Manager Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen for Adrienne Williams
- All meet have been billed except Regionals.
- 7 families are overdrawn for a total amount of $646.
- Treasurers Report presented by Charles ShapiroNo additional funds (beyond existing contributions through SSI meet revenue) available to support Y National.Looking at updating Y Nats and general fundraising approach for more effectiveness next year. Fundraising ideas shared: Forddrive4you.com; Chuck A Duck; Wreaths Across America.Total Income: $103,554; Total Expenses $53,386; Current Operating Income $50,168.$7,017 is dedicated to Pink Plunge donation.Income approximately at a deficit of $7K but it will be higher once Pink Plunge funds are taken out.
- PET-WRAT Report presented by Candace Twiss
- 59 families have not volunteered to date (16 SR, 32 AG and 11 8U)
- Current thinking is to raise non compliance fee for next season and also make fees due on the day of applicable meet for volunteers who do a no show.
- Meet Manager Report presented by Lori Blessey
- Amy White-Charles will be the manager for the 10U meet.
- Senior Spring Invitational will be staffed with Senior parents sharing session roles.
- Additional timing watches have been purchased.
- Officials Report presented by Mark McDermott
- WRAT team was well represented at Regional Championships and Cheshire by officials.
- Parents and Athlete Reps Reports
- Athlete Reps – Looking at Discovery Ropes Park in Bridgeport for Senior Social
- 8U – Swim party planning underway for Sunday 3/24 with pizza and ice cream
- Co-Presidents Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen and Amy Leahy
- Survey year for strategic plan. Will need results for Annual meeting in June.
- Banquet: Buffet will be the same with cash bar and
- There will be an increase in fee
after RSVP due date. A reminder will be
- Andy McNab will manage the slide show.
- Lori Blessey is handling Senior awards.
- Eileen is getting centerpieces from Stew Leonard’s.
- There will be a raffle at the banquet, enabled by parent donations.
- Tina Lynch is handling take-home banquet favor for swimmers.
- There will be an increase in fee after RSVP due date. A reminder will be sent.
Lorraine Kennedy moved to adjourn the meeting and Mark McDermott seconded. All voted in favor. The next meeting is slated for Wednesday, April 11th at 7PM.
Lorraine Kennedy, Secretary
Water Rats Parents’ Club