Minutes for the Meeting of February 6, 2019
Ngassam Ngnoumen (Co-President), Amy Leahy (Co-President), Charles Shapiro (Co-Treasurer), Lorraine Kennedy (Secretary), Michelle Kennedy (Athlete Rep), Jackie Austin (Officials Co-Coordinator), Mark McDermott (Officials Co-Coordinator), Tina Lynch(8U Parent Rep), Dina Carlson (AG Parent Rep), Leslie Kickham (AG Parent Rep), Whitney Ross (SR Parent Rep), Martha Corneck (Ex Officio, Rob Urban (Head Development Coach) and Ellen Johnston (Head Coach). Iryana Akolzina also attended.
A quorum was achieved, and the meeting was called to order.
Ngassam Ngnoumen called the meeting to order. Members present reviewed the minutes from January 9th, 2019 meeting. Charles Shapiro motioned to approve the minutes as stated. Jackie Austin seconded the motion.
RESOLVED that the minutes from the January 9th, 2019 meeting, as presented to the Committee, were approved.
- Nominating Committee members presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen
- Nominees are:
- Lori Blessey
- Amy Boland
- Jessica Slippen
- Rob Urban
- Megan Lott
- Nominees are:
Charles Shapiro motioned to approve the Nominating Committee as presented. Mark McDermott seconded the motion. All voted in favor and motion was carried.
RESOLVED that the members of the Nominating Committee, were approved.
- Coaches Report presented by Ellen Johnston
- Score Board – Colorado has been out and repaired the board. Mike DiNapoli replaced parts and now running properly. Have asked for an estimate for a new water resistant board.
- Jay Jaronko will be leaving the Y on February 22nd. Interview will be conducted in March for his replacement with a hire date of May.
- Y States Update – WRATs won all levels and are now the 2019 CT YMCA State Champions
- Looking at group flights for Y Nationals through AMEX Travel
- USA Swimming Escrow Account Manager Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen for Adrienne Williams
- 78 families are overdrawn for a total of $5,600
- All meets have been billed
- Citibank escrow balance is $6,253.00
- Treasurers Report presented by Charles Shapiro
- Financials show 1) a reduced income from meets – down 40%+/- 2) annual operational expenses outstrip annual operational revenues thus reducing savings.
- Need to manage expense to actual revenue more closely through the rest of year and going forward.
- Recommendation is to 1) eliminate Parents Club contribution to the YMCA going forward after 2018/2019 swim season and manage expenses. It is not sustainable with PC Club financial performance. 2) Figure out how to increase meet revenues.
- PET-WRAT Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen for Candace Twiss
- 69 families have not volunteered to date
- Meet Manager Report presented by Lori Blessey
- Nothing major to report
- 10U meet in June needs a manager
- Need a manager for Spring Senior Invitational
- Officials Report presented by Jackie Austin
- 3 volunteers need a clinic
- Working on having a clinic in our area
- Parents and Athlete Reps Reports
- Co-Presidents Report presented by Ngassam Ngnoumen and Amy Leahy
- Banquet is set for Sunday, April 29th
- Create 3 committees to look at 1) the trends in meet attendance and what can be done differently in the swim meet market 2) how we should manage expenses going forward 3) what are other swim teams pricing and offering. Volunteers for the sub-committee are Amy Leahy, Leslie Kickham, Charles Shapiro, Rob Urban and Ngassam Ngnoumen.
Mark McDermott moved to adjourn the meeting and Jackie Austin seconded. All voted in favor. The next meeting is slated for Wednesday, March 6th at 7PM.
Lorraine Kennedy, Secretary
Water Rats Parents’ Club