Minutes for the Annual Meeting of November 2, 2017
Martha Corneck (Co-President), Ngassam Ngnoumen (Co-President), Kerry Steele-Rubin (Co-Treasurer), Dan Lacugna (Co-Treasurer), Lorraine Kennedy (Secretary), Mark McDermott (Officials Co-Coordinator), Adrienne Williams (Escrow Manager), Jackie Austin (AG Rep), Trish Begg (SR Rep), Julia Spelman (8/U Rep), Scott VanKuilenburg (Coach) and Ellen Johnston (Head Coach).
A quorum was achieved and the meeting was called to order.
Martha Corneck called the meeting to order. Members present reviewed the minutes from October 5th meeting. Lorraine Kennedy motioned to approve the minutes as stated. Dan Lacugna seconded the motion.
RESOLVED that the minutes from the October 5th, 2017 meeting, as presented to the Committee, were approved.
- Head Coach Ellen Johnston presented her report.
- Freestyle Frenzy – There are 17 teams registered with 390 swimmers. Barbara Wiederecht and Margy Sargent will be the Meet Referees for the 3 sessions (2 Saturday/1 Sunday). All other plans are in motion. Simply Delicious will run the concession for this meet.
- Status of pool HVAC – The air quality dramatically improved once the system was “purged”. Long term remedy of this situation is that the air will be purged prior, during and after meets. The chlorine and PH were all tested are in line.
- Pink Plunge – Very good replies and expected attendance.
- General Chair Workshop – Traveled to Colorado Springs for a General Chair Workshop for CT Swimming. Our LSC is cutting edge and poised for the future.
- Girls High School Season – States and Open remain for the season. Once completed, girls that are swimming for high school will return to regular WRAT schedule.
- Meet entries for December have been submitted by all Coaches.
- Treasurers’ report presented by Kerry Steele-Rubin
- Closed out last year and filed Form 990
- 8/U Meet approximate net profit $2,000
- Personalized swim cap sales net profit $940
- USA Swimming Escrow Account Manager Report presented by Adrienne Williams
- 210 swimmers currently registered; lost a couple to allergies
- Everyone is paid up; no overdraws
- Registered and paid for next two meets
- PET WRAT report as presented by Martha Corneck for Candice Twiss
- No change since prior month
- Meet Manager Report as presented by Martha Corneck for Huong Belpedio
- No activity to report since prior month
- Officials’ Report as presented by Mark McDermott
- There are 5 interested individuals in the system to become new S&T officials
- 2 have clinics left to take
- There will be a YMCA clinic to become a YMCA official which is being organized by Jeff Sargent
- Parents Reps Report
- SR Rep Trish Begg reports that Blake Rainey and Scott Adler are looking to plan a Pasta Dinner for the team for possibly 11/16
- AG Rep Jackie Austin reports that they are in the planning stages for this group
- 8/U Rep Julia Spelman is researching to organize a social
- Student Athlete Report – Nothing to report
- Co –Presidents’ Report
- Spirit Wear is in the works and hopefully will be ready for next week. Targeting December for tee shirts for the holiday.
- Parent Social is planned for November 10th
Martha Corneck moved to adjourn meeting, and Mark McDermott seconded, all voted in favor. The next meeting is slated for December 7th, 2017.
Water Rats Parents’ Club